I need help getting formula, how do I do that?
  • If you are having trouble providing enough food for your family,including formula for infants, Women Infants Children (WIC) may be able to help.  WIC is a supplemental food program sponsored by Jefferson County Public Health for income eligible pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women, and children under age 5 that offers nutrition education, health checkup screenings, breastfeeding support and food vouchers, including formula in some situations.

FORMULA RESOURCES: Many families are experiencing stress related to the current infant formula situation since the formula recall that started in February 2022. WIC has been working directly with WIC participants to problem solve around their family’s needs and find solutions. WIC is happy to assist families as much as possible, call 360-385-9432 for assistance.

WA DOH website with great information to address infant formula situation: Resources for Families Impacted by the Infant Formula Shortage | Washington State Department of Health

Show All Answers

1. What is WIC?
2. How Do I Sign up for WIC?
3. Do I qualify for WIC?
4. What do I bring to my WIC appointment?
5. How do I make a WIC appointment?
6. What kinds of foods are on WIC?
7. Do I need proof of citizenship to qualify for WIC?
8. Can I get help with food for my children under 5 years old?
9. I need help getting formula, how do I do that?
10. How can I get more fresh fruit and veggies on a limited budget?
11. What stores accept WIC?
12. What about dads, grandparents or legal guardians and the WIC Program?