Is there a right to appeal?
You may appeal if the court finds you committed the infraction after a contested hearing. A written notice of appeal must be filed with the court within 30 days of the court’s decision against you. You will be responsible for the costs of an appeal, which include a $200 Superior Court filing fee, payable in advance. If you appeal, the Superior Court will review the record that was made at the District Court. The Superior Court will not provide a new trial. Instructions and forms to appeal a case are available from the District Court office.

Show All Answers

1. Can I keep my traffic ticket “off my record”?
2. How do I ask the court to defer my infraction?
3. What does it cost to defer my infraction?
4. What if I fail to pay the administrative fee for my deferral?
5. What if I commit a new traffic infraction?
6. What infractions do not qualify for deferral?
7. May I have a lawyer at a contested hearing?
8. Will a traffic infraction appear on my driving record?
9. What about a "no liability insurance" ticket?
10. What if I cannot afford to pay the penalty in full?
11. What happens if I don't respond? I don't appear in court? I don't pay?
12. I forgot about my ticket. What do I do now?
13. Is there a right to appeal?
14. How do I know what court to go to for my traffic ticket?