What if I fail to pay the administrative fee for my deferral?
The Court will end your deferral and will report to the Department of Licensing (DOL) that you committed your traffic violation. In addition, a $52 penalty will be assessed against you, a case FTA ordered and notification sent to DOL to begin processing your driver's license for suspension. There are no exceptions to this policy.

*If you are unable to pay in full at the time your Deferral is granted please contact the court staff for a payment plan at (360) 385-9135 or come in person to the District Court office.

Show All Answers

1. Can I keep my traffic ticket “off my record”?
2. How do I ask the court to defer my infraction?
3. What does it cost to defer my infraction?
4. What if I fail to pay the administrative fee for my deferral?
5. What if I commit a new traffic infraction?
6. What infractions do not qualify for deferral?
7. May I have a lawyer at a contested hearing?
8. Will a traffic infraction appear on my driving record?
9. What about a "no liability insurance" ticket?
10. What if I cannot afford to pay the penalty in full?
11. What happens if I don't respond? I don't appear in court? I don't pay?
12. I forgot about my ticket. What do I do now?
13. Is there a right to appeal?
14. How do I know what court to go to for my traffic ticket?