NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING BEFORE THE
JEFFERSON COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS REGARDING PROPOSED
CHANGES TO THE ANIMAL CODE
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Jefferson Board of County Commissioners will hold a virtual/ on-line public hearing on Monday, May 17, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. This public hearing was previously scheduled, but has been reset to this new date and time. The purpose of the hearing is to consider changes to the Animal Code Chapter 6.07 of the Jefferson County Code. The code is being updated for clarity, and consistency both within the Jefferson County Code and with state law. In addition, the proposed changes to the code would impact the amount of control required by an owner of a dog within unincorporated Jefferson County, impact the definition of a dangerous dog and the definition of a service animal, and would make clear that more than one county-designated animal shelter is possible,
Public Comment Period and Method to Provide Comment: The public may view the
proposed amendments to the Animal Code and supporting documents by visiting www.co.jefferson.wa.us
- go to How do I, Search ..., County Documents on Laserfiche, Board of Commissioners, Inbox, 05 May 2021, 051721
or click on this link: https://test.co.jefferson.wa.us/WebLinkExternal/0/doc/2770571/Page1.aspx
or click on the following links:
DRAFT Animal Control Code Proposed Change - Red Line
DRAFT Animal Control Code Proposed Change - no mark up
The public is invited to give oral testimony on the proposed Animal Code at the May 17, 2021, 11:00 a.m. public hearing, as described below. You may also submit written testimony before the public hearing via email to email@example.com or by U.S. mail to the Jefferson County Commissioners, PO Box 1220, Port Townsend, WA 98368, provided all written testimony is received before the close of the public hearing.
COVID- 19 NOTICE: NO IN-PERSON ATTENDANCE ALLOWED (Per the May 29, 2020 Jefferson County Public Health Officer Order) You can join this meeting by using the following methods:
(1) Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/93777841705 This option will allow you to join the meeting live. You will need to enter an email address. If you wish to provide public comment, click on the hand icon at the bottom of the screen to "raise your hand." Participation will be up to the Chair and/or Clerk of the meeting.
(2) Audio-only: Dial: 1- 253- 215- 8782 and use Webinar ID: 937- 7784- 1705#. This option will allow you to listen to the meeting live. If you wish to provide public comment, press * 9 to "raise your hand." Participation will be up to the Chair and/ or Clerk of the meeting.
(3) Website: www.co.jefferson.wa.us. Follow the links under "Quick links, "Videos of Meetings," and click on "Streaming Live." This option will allow you to watch the meeting live-streaming, with no participation.
(4) Access for the hearing impaired and others can be accommodated using Washington Relay Service at 1- 800- 833- 6384.
In the event of technical difficulties, at least one of the methods above will be accessible to the public. Please try all methods first before calling 360-385-9100 to report any issues. Agenda items are listed on our website at: www.co.jefferson.wa.us. Follow the links under "Quick links," "Videos of Meetings," and click on " Recorded," " Streaming Live," or " Upcoming" to find this meeting and view agenda items.
Information regarding the Amendments, including the staff report can be viewed at www.co.jefferson.wa.us. For additional information, please contact Sheriff Joe Nole, at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone, 360-344-9747.
Approved this 3rd day of May, 2021
Jefferson County Board of Commissioners
Kate Dean, Chair