Clean Water District Advisory Council
Note -> The February meeting has been postponed until March 14, 2019.
- Quarterly, 2nd Thursday of February, May, August, and November
- 3-4:30 p.m.
- Jefferson County Public Health
615 Sheridan Street
Port Townsend, WA 98368
For more information, email Michael Dawson or call him at 360-385-9444.
Jefferson County is seeking applications from residents of to serve on the Clean Water District Advisory Council. If you are interested in assisting the county with the protections and restoration of water quality and shellfish resources in Jefferson County, please consider filling out this 1 & 2application form and returning it by February 28, 2019. Thanks!
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Michael Dawson, Jefferson County Public Health
- Richard Hull, Citizen, District Number 3
- Wendy Clark-Getzin, Jefferson County Public Works
- Amy Leitman, Citizen, District Number 2
- Dave Steele, Commercial Shellfish Growers
- Deborah Stinson, Port Townsend City Council
- David Sullivan, Jefferson Board of County Commissioners
- Richard Wojt, Citizen, District Number 1
- Al Cairns, Jefferson County Conservation District
Background About the Council
In August 2011, the Board of County Commissioners approved Resolution 35-11 (PDF) creating the Clean Water District Advisory Council. The council will assist with Jefferson County’s long range approach to achieving and sustaining clean surface water. Primary goals are the creation of a Water Quality Improvement Plan for East Jefferson County, evaluation of program effectiveness, and long-term funding solutions. Operating procedures (PDF) were agreed to in 2012.
Learn more about the background of the Clean Water District.