Banking, Investments, Revenue Deposits and Distribution for Jefferson County, Districts and Quasi-Governmental Agencies. Does not include expenses nor approval of other department budgets. Some of our duties include:
- Revenue and Distribution
- Surplus Property – personal and real
- County Credit Card Issuance
- Property Tax, LID Billing, and Collection.
- Real Estate Excise Tax and processing
- Mobile Home movement permits
2017 Treasurer's Summary Report is available
DeadlinesFirst Half property taxes are due April 30th. Second half are due October 31st of each year.
Statement Levy Information
Tax Statement Levy Explanation
Paying Property Taxes Under Protest
The Department of Revenue sets the guidelines under WAC 458-18-215. For more information, contact the DOR Property Tax Division at 360-570-5900 or you may view the Paying Your Property Taxes Under Protest (PDF) document from the Washington State Department of Revenue.
Jefferson County Sales & Use Tax Rates
Sales and Use Tax Basic rate as of July 1, 2011 is 9% on goods and services; hotel/motel users pay an additional 2%. For a chart showing sales tax rate and revenue composition, click here.
Real Estate Excise Tax Information & SearchView the Online Excise Tax Affidavit Search page for excise tax affidavits processed in Jefferson County, WA. For more recent affidavits, go to the Property Tax Search website and either search by parcel number or sale date range.
Real Estate Excise Tax Documents
Excise Tax Documents to download and complete are available on the Washington State Department of Revenue website.
- Real Estate Excise Tax Affidavit
- Real Estate Excise Tax Mobile Home Affidavit
- Real Estate Excise Tax Supplemental Statement
- Real Estate Excise Tax Lack of Probate Affidavit for claiming an exemption based on inheritance