Building Permit Forms
If you have any questions about what forms to complete, how to complete them, or other information that may be required for particular applications, please contact DCD at 360-379-4450 and consult with either a Permit Technician or a Development Review Division planner. You can also ask questions by email.
For complete application packets click here: Application Packets (these are listed by individual form and grouped by type of permit being applied for).
For the entire building permit packet as one PDF for those that do need a new address, click HERE.
For the entire building permit packet as one PDF for those who do not need a new address click HERE.
- Permit Application (PDF)
- Supplemental Application - Building (PDF)
- Supplemental Application - Mobile Home (PDF)
- Determination of Adequate Potable Water (PDF)
- New Address Application (PDF)
- Building Permit Checklist (PDF)
- Mechanical Permit Application (PDF)
- Demolition Permit Application (PDF)
- Supplemental Application - Solar Panel (PDF)
- Site Plan Checklist (PDF)
- Sample Site Plan (PDF)
- Example - Floor Plan (PDF)
- Re-Roof Application (PDF)
- Replacement red 911 Address plates (PDF)
- BLDG - Final Inspection List (PDF)
- Change of Use (PDF)
- Building Permit Application - deck
- Residential Deck Construction Guide (pdf)
Energy Calculation Forms
- Stormwater Options & Guidance
- Flow Chart for Determining Requirements for New Development
- Stormwater Calculation Worksheet (PDF)
- 00 Stormwater Readme
- 00a stormwater calc worksheet QR code
- 00b Flow Chart for Determining Requirements for Development
- 00c Construction Pollution Prevention Fact Sheet
- 00d Small Project Certification
- 00e Worksheet L Large Projects
- 01 Worksheet A1 Medium and Large Project Report
- 02 Reference A1A Stormwater Site Plan
- 03 Worksheet B1 Medium and Large Project Construction SWPPP
- 04 Reference B1A Construction BMP Options
- 05 Worksheet C Infeasibility
- 06 Commercial only_WorkSheetE_Infiltration Test
- 200-Square-Foot Building Exemption (PDF)
- ADU - Accessory Dwelling Unit (PDF)
- Agricultural Buildings (PDF)
- Basic Plumbing for Homeowners (PDF)
- Building Permit Expiration (PDF)
- Built Without Permits (PDF)
- Final Inspection List (PDF)
- I've Submitted My Application, Now What (PDF)
- Jefferson County Design Criteria (PDF)
- Manufactured, Mobile, Modular: What Are They (PDF)
- Residential Setbacks (PDF)
- Single Family Residence (PDF)
- The Department of Community Development At a Glance (PDF)
- Tiny Homes - Site Built (PDF)
- Types of Dwelling Units (PDF)
The Code Compliance Coordinator responds to citizen complaints regarding building, zoning, and land use in Jefferson County. The Code Compliance Coordinator works in partnership with the County’s Environmental Public Health and Sheriff’s Offices on nuisance complaints. Complaints are investigated to determine if there is a violation of County code, the extent of the violation, and the appropriate action required. The Code Compliance Coordinator works with all affected parties to resolve or mitigate violations.
Due to the many years of this position not being funded, the back-log of complaints is great. The new Coordinator is working to process and purge years of old complaints and respond appropriately. Along with processing cases we are also working towards building the Code Compliance Program, which will focus on a clear and understandable compliance, education and enforcement process.
If you currently have a code compliance complaint please see the link below to our complaint form. Each complaint will be processed and assessed for appropriate action. We ask the citizens to continue to be patient while we work to build this valuable program and provide much needed enforcement services to Jefferson County.
Report Suspected Violations
To report a suspected code violation, complete the online Complaint Form by clicking HERE.