WA State Resources
- For the latest information and resources, see the new state website: https://coronavirus.wa.gov/
- All COVID-19 proclamations announced by Governor Jay Inslee: https://www.governor.wa.gov/news-media/inslee-extends-23-proclamations-relating-covid-19-1
Seven Safe Start county applications returned amidst pause on reopening. July 21, 2020, Washington State Secretary of Health John Wiesman announced that he is returning all COVID-19 Safe Start applications from counties whose applications were put on pause or pending review before Gov. Jay Inslee implemented a statewide pause on reopening plans. The pause is expected to last until at least July 28, meaning at least four weeks will have passed since the applications were submitted, and information in the applications will be outdated.
The following county applications have been returned: Clark, Cowlitz, Jefferson, Kitsap, Klickitat, San Juan and Walla Walla. Information about all counties is available on the state’s Safe Start county status page.
Message from the Surgeon General
Surgeon General VADM Jerome M. Adams, M.D., M.P.H., reminds everyone to do their part to stay healthy by following a few simple instructions that will in turn, help prevent the spread of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
Governor Jay Inslee
- Inslee announces restart of all medical services in Washington: PROCLAMATION BY THE GOVERNOR AMENDING AND EXTENDING PROCLAMATIONS 20-05 AND 20-24 20-24.1 Reducing Restrictions on, and Safe Expansion of,Non-Urgent Medical and Dental Procedures
- Inslee extends ’Stay Home, Stay Healthy’ through May 4: Proclamation by the Governor Amending Proclamation 20-05 20-40 Amendments to State Building Code
- "Stay Home, Stay Healthy" Emergency Order: Proclamation by the Governor Amending Proclamation 20-05; 20-25; STAY HOME--STAY HEALTHY
- April 21, 2020 Plan for Recovery: Safe Return to Public Life in Washington State (PDF)
- April 24, 2020 Restarting Low-Risk Construction: Inslee announces plan to allow construction projects previously underway to be completed
- Safe Start Washington: A Phased Approach to Recovery (PDF)
- On page 4 of "Safe Start Washington: A Phased Approach to Recovery," there is a business checklist (PDF), which is a great starting point for businesses as they prepare for a Safe Start.