Housing Fund Board
JOINT JEFFERSON COUNTY/CITY OF PORT TOWNSEND HOUSING FUND BOARD
On November 1, 2021 Jefferson County and the City of Port Townsend entered into an interlocal cooperation agreement to support affordable housing and homeless housing programs pursuant to RCW 36.22.178, RCW 36.22.179, and RCW 36.22.179.
Regular meetings are the 4th Wednesday of every month from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
1820 Jefferson Street, Port Townsend, WA
Hybrid Meeting – Virtual and In-Person Attendance
You can join this meeting by using the following methods:
- Zoom Meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/91098454388
This option will allow you to join the meeting live. Participation will be up to the Chair and/or Clerk of the meeting.
- Audio-only: Dial: 1-253-215-8782 and use Access Code: 910 9845 4388#
This option will allow you to listen to the meeting live. Participation will be up to the Chair and/or Clerk of the meeting. Access for the hearing impaired and others can be accommodated using Washington Relay Service at 1-800-833-6384
- In-Person: This option may be limited as we are operating at 50% capacity at this time.
- Website or to View Document(s): www.co.jefferson.wa.us “Quick links,” “Videos of Meetings,” and choose the correct meeting. The option of watching via our website live-streaming, if available, provides no level of participation.
Jefferson County issues “Last Call” for funding requests for
Remaining American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Funds
The Jefferson County Board of County Commissioners (BoCC) is seeking proposals from local nonprofit and public sector organizations for projects that “move the needle” on housing, economic development and/or provide other public benefit for residents of the County. “ARPA and other Covid relief dollars from the federal government have helped make a number of important, long-needed projects happen here the last couple of years,” said Commissioner Kate Dean. “We hope to put this last little pot of funds to work quickly on issues that our communities care about.”
Interested organizations are asked to submit a one-page letter of interest, including project details and budget. The BoCC is looking for requests from $20,000-$100,000. The total amount to be distributed will not exceed $835,000 and is contingent upon receipt of the last allocation from the US Department of Treasury.
The County Commissioners expect there to be more requests than there is funding available, representing a wide range of project ideas. “We anticipate having to make some tough decisions about what to fund. There are a lot of needs, a lot of strong community partners, and a limited pot of money,” said Commissioner Dean. “We created some loose priorities to help us prioritize and choose, but ultimately the process will be pretty qualitative and subjective based on the knowledge we have of the needs of all three districts in the County.”
Priorities used to select awards will include:
- Projects that move the needle on housing, economic development and/or other public benefit for Jefferson County residents;
- Projects that leverage other funding sources, such as matching funds for a grant-funded project;
- Projects that reflect and benefit geographic diversity throughout Jefferson County;
- Organizations that have not received previous ARPA or Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) awards from Jefferson County, though previous awardees are welcome to apply.
Proposals should include a one-page letter of interest and project description, as well as a project budget. All materials must be received on or before (NOT postmarked by) 4:00 p.m. February 10, 2023 at the County Administrator’s Office, 1820 Jefferson Street, Port Townsend, WA in the basement of the Jefferson County Courthouse. You can also submit by email to: email@example.com (email is preferred submittal method)
Funding is anticipated to be disbursed by September of 2023. For more information, contact the County Administrator’s office at 360-385-9100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
AFFORDABLE HOUSING & HOMELESS HOUSING TASK FORCE
The Affordable Housing Task Force has been restructured and is now encompassed in the above, Joint Jefferson County/City of Port Townsend Housing Fund Board.