Family Support Department 


Because of the recent COVID-19 restrictions child support payments are to be made directly to the Washington State Support Registry at:

P.O. BOX 45868

What We Do

The Jefferson County Family Support Division helps to improve lives by delivering excellent child support services.

The Family Support Division represents the Division of Child Support, a Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) agency.  The division works with child support agencies throughout Washington State, the U.S. and abroad to establish and enforce child support and to protect the best interests of children in accordance with the laws of Washington State.

The Family Support Division carries out judicial establishment of paternity and child support enforcements for failure to pay court-ordered child support, and modifications to existing child support orders.  The Family Support Division also represents the State of Washington in collection actions on parents owing a duty of support.

Where To Start

The Family Support Division does not represent individuals in child support cases.  For a case to be initiated by the Prosecutor’s Office, it must be referred by the Division of Child Support (DCS).

For questions about child support you can call 1-800-442-KIDS(5437).  This automated system allows quick access to your case manager by entering your case number.  If you do not have a case or know your number press "0" for staff assistance.

We are located on the third floor of the Jefferson County Courthouse at 820 Jefferson Street in Port Townsend, Washington.  Our office is open Monday thru Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.  We can be reached at 360-385-9359.

  1. Paternity
  2. Modification
  3. Contempt

How is Paternity Established?

The paternity of a child born to non-married parents can be established one of two ways: judicially through the entry of a court order or administratively with the filing of a paternity acknowledgement form. Establishing paternity creates a legal relationship between a parent and child.

The Department of Health and Social Services (DSHS), Division of Child Support (DCS), Family Support Division establishes paternity judicially through the entry of a court order in Jefferson County Superior Court. Judicial paternity actions address the following:

  • Paternity;
  • Child support;
  • Back support;
  • Health insurance for the child; and
  • Custody of the child.

A parenting plan or residential schedule can also be requested in the context of a parentage action; however, it is not required and the State of Washington is not authorized to take a position on parenting plan issues.

The same legal remedies are available with an administrative establishment of parentage (paternity acknowledgement form), however neither a parenting plan or a residential schedule can be entered in an administrative action.

To request services related to the establishment of paternity please contact DCS.

  1. FAQs
  2. Resources

To Make a Child Support Payment

Use the Internet Payment Site - NO FEE

Go to: "My Secure DSHS" and create a Secure Access Washington (SAW) account.

  • Add the DCS Online service.
  • Click on "DCS Online" service to register your bank account.
  • Within 10 days, you will receive an activation code via mail.
  • You will also receive an email when your bank account has been verified.
  • With the activation code, log on to the secure site to make your payment.

Sign Up for Automatic Payment Authorization and Electronic Funds Transfer - NO FEE

  • Go to Electronic ESHS Forms to download the authorization form.
  • Or call 1-800-468-7422 to request the form (DSHS 18-484).
  • Or request the form from your local DCS office.  

Mail Your Payment - NO FEE

       Address the envelope to: DSHS / DCS WSSR, P.O. Box 45868, Olympia, WA 98504-5868

Pay with your Credit or Debit Card - FEE

The following agencies charge a fee to deliver your payment.  The fee is a percentage of the amount you are paying.

ChildSupportBillPay 855-972-9327

MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover Card.  You must have the following information to use ChildSupportBillPay:

  • Your Social Security Number
  • DCS Account Number

CiviTek at MyPaymentPortal

MasterCard, American Express, Discovery or Debit Card.  You must have the following information to use MyPaymentPortal:

  • Your Social Security Number
  • DCS Account Number

TouchPay 1-877-778-7540

MasterCard, Visa, or GreenDot Money Pak.  You must have the following information to use TouchPay:

  • Pay to: WA DCS
  • Code City: WA DCS
  • State: WA
  • Your Social Security Number
  • DCS Account Number

**Please note, that the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office no longer accepts payments. Payments must be sent through one of the methods above.

Please Note:  Washington State Law and the Rules of Professional Conduct prohibit the Jefferson County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office from providing legal advice.  If you have a matter that requires legal assistance, you may wish to contact an attorney of your choosing.