Disaster Recovery

If after an emergency or disaster is over, you discover you have damage to property, please report that information to us so that we may accurately document the impact upon the community as a whole. Links to reporting forms are listed below. Whether you have insurance or not, reporting the damage as soon as possible allows us to include your losses in the damage assessments provided to the federal government. The greater the financial loss/damages, the more likely our community is to qualify for federal assistance, which benefits those impacted.

Do you need immediate help?
Watch for local disaster alert from our office and listen to your radio or TV-broadcast Emergency Alert System for critical information. The American Red Cross, Salvation Army and other voluntary organizations may help with food, shelter, healthcare and immediate medical needs. 

What does your insurance cover?
Contact your insurance agent to check policy coverage and file claims. Make sure that you have put a copy of your insurance policy in your emergency preparedness kit or store in a secure location. A fire-proof box should be considered. You can also call FEMA (the federal Emergency Management Agency) to find out what help may be available in your area and how to proceed.

Register with FEMA
Call FEMA's toll-free information and registration line:1-800-621-FEMA or TTY 1-800-621-462-7585 YOU MUST APPLY WITHIN THE 60-DAY APPLICATION PERIOD IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR BENEFITS. In a Presidentially-declared disaster you must register in order to get any government benefits (see Frequently Asked Questions for more about Presidential disaster declarations)

Report Damages From a Disaster
Below are links to forms that should be completed and submitted to our office. They may be saved electronically and emailed to jeffcoeoc@co.jefferson.wa.us, faxed to (360) 385-9376 or hand delivered to our office. Be sure to keep a copy for yourself.

Private Property Owners, report damages Click here.

Business Owners, report damages Click here

Non-profits, government agencies, public utilities, or others, report damages Click here

You should also review our disaster assistance FAQ which addresses many of the most common questions about damage to private property. 

Please note that you may need the latest version of Adobe Reader to complete our assessment form.