Domestic Violence Resources

Prosecutor - Quick Links

Civil & Administrative
Victim-Witness Services
Domestic Violence Services
Domestic Violence
Community Resources


P.O. Box 1220
Port Townsend,
WA 98368

Phone: 360.385.9180
Criminal Fax: 360.385.0073
Civil Fax: 360.385.9186

Monday - Friday
9:00 to 5:00



In case of emergency, dial: 9-1-1

WA. State Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-562-6052

Domestic Violence-Sexual Assault Program: (360) 385-5291 (24 hours)

Jefferson County Superior Court - Protection Orders: (360) 385-9125 (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)

Frequently asked questions about Domestic violence.

Q. How does someone make a complaint or file a crime report?

A. Call your nearest law enforcement agency.

Q. How is a restraining order filed?

A. Information on how to file a restraining order is available in the County Clerk's Office.

Q. Where should people go to get legal advice on personal matters?

A. They should contact a private attorney.

Q. Where should people go to get advice on what to do about a potentially criminal situation?

A. The Prosecutor's Office cannot give advice. Citizens should contact a law enforcement agency or an attorney if they wish to file criminal charges or need advice in this area.

Q. Does the Prosecutor's Office provide copies of police reports?

A. No. Reports are obtained through the affected law enforcement agency.

Q. How can someone find out about court date times?

A. That information is available through the County Clerk's Office.

Q. How can someone find out who the defense attorney is on a particular criminal case?

A. That information is available through either the County Clerk's Office in the case of felony cases or with the District Court in the case of misdemeanors.

Q. Where are the various courts located? (Divorce Court, Custody Court, etc.)

A. The court locations are posted each Wednesday in the Courthouse elevator.



Best viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
Windows - Mac