Community Development

Web Links

Comprehensive Plan
Unified Development Code (UDC)
Permit Information & Application Forms
Permit Database Search & Map Tools

  621 Sheridan Street
Port Townsend,
WA 98368

  Phone: 360.379.4450
Fax: 360.379.4451


Monday - Thursday
9:00 to 4:30                     

closed 12:00 - 1:00 for lunch


This page contains external hyperlinks grouped into categories:


For information related to land use and development permits, try the Permitting Portal

For information on long-range planning programs and projects, grouped alphabetically by topic, try Issue Links.


Various Agencies and Organizations


State of Washington

Access Washington - a universal web portal for the State of Washington

Revised Code of Washington (RCW) - Washington State statute

Washington Administrative Code (WAC) - State agency rules to implement the RCW

State Office of Regulatory Assistance - for help with environmental permitting

State Department of Ecology (Ecology or DOE) - shoreline permits, State Environmental Policy Act, water quality (wetlands, stormwater management)

State Department of Fish & Wildlife (WDFW) - Hydraulic Project Approval (HPA) for projects within or that affect the waters of the state 

State Department of Natural Resources (DNR) - Forest Practices Application (FPA) for timber harvest, proposals involving State Owned Aquatic Lands (SOAL)

CTED Growth Management Services (GMS) - part of the Department of Community, Trade, and Economic Development (CTED); assists local governments and others in planning efforts under the Growth Management Act (GMA)

Puget Sound  Action Team (PSAT) - coordinated from Governor's Office; Puget Sound Water Quality Management Plan


Federal Government, Northwest Region

US Army Corps of Engineers Seattle District Regulatory Program - for information related to project within Army Corps jurisdiction (navigable waters, certain wetlands)

National Marine Fisheries Service Northwest Regional Office (NMFS) - Federal agency responsible for protecting marine endangered species such as salmon; also known as "NOAA Fisheries"

US Fish & Wildlife Service Pacific Region - Federal agency responsible for protecting terrestrial and freshwater endangered species


Local Government / Programs

Port of Port Townsend

City of Port Townsend

Public Utility District (PUD) No. 1 -

Port Ludlow Village Council -

WSU Extension, Jefferson County - Washington State University Extension Community Learning Center in Port Hadlock

Hood Canal Coordinating Council (HCCC) - Council of Governments organized to protect Hood Canal

Point-No-Point Treaty Council - natural resource management organization with the following member Tribes: Port Gamble S'Klallam, Lower Elwha Klallam, Jamestown S'Klallam, and Skokomish


Organizations: Planning & Government

Municipal Research & Services Center of Washington (MRSC) - local government news and information

American Planning Association (APA) - nonprofit public interest and research organization committed to urban, suburban, regional, and rural planning; APA and its professional institute, the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP), advance the art and science of planning to meet the needs of people and society

APA Washington State Chapter - organization of people with interest in land use, housing, transportation, environmental, economic and social planning in Washington state

Planning Association of Washington (PAW) - forum for sharing planning knowledge in Washington

Planner's Web - Planning Commissioners Journal; source of information for citizens interested and involved in planning



TIDEPOOL - News for Salmon Nation



Best viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
Windows - Mac